Sunday, December 12, 2010

Week 1...

Of the running blog that is.

Quick Recap:
Tuesday: 6.25 miles (Speedwork)
Wednesday: 6.03 miles (Recovery)
Thursday: 5.08 miles (Hill Workout)
Friday: 7.5 miles (Not sure how to classify this one)
Saturday: 1 mile (Test run in new shoes)
Sunday: 12.13 miles (Long Run)
Total: 37.99 miles

I guess it was kind of cheesy to count the test run in, but what the hell. My legs feel pretty good after getting a real week of running in. I haven't run this many miles since mid September when I started my taper for the City of Trees Marathon. Fortunately, my knee held up perfectly all week.

I bought a new pair of running shoes this week. I picked up the Asics Cumulus. I was stuck trying to decide if I wanted to stick with the Brooks Ghost 3 or switch, and in the end decided to give the Asics a shot. They seem to provide more arch support and also some heel support which feels very comfortable. They also feel lighter, but I found out that they are actually slightly heavier. I'm anxious to see how they are when I get into real running in them this week.

My long run today was pretty cool. I left the house and ran to the Eagle greenbelt, and hit the trails. For some stupid reason, I thought that the trails would be clear of snow, but I was mistaken. There were some bare spots, but I definitely got some work in on the snow. I also found my lost gloves from last week.

I am getting a lot more serious about training for WIFMER. I know it is a crazy race, but something keeps calling out to me to do it. I think I will wait until after Robie to make my decision for sure. Until then, I will keep putting in the miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment