Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Frank's Killer Tempo Run Attempt #1

Frank's Killer Tempo Run is 25 continuous laps (400m) with no rest, alternating between 5k pace and Marathon Pace. According to the calculator at runningforfitness.com, and my goal of qualifying for Boston, my marathon pace is 7:13/mile, and that makes my 5k pace 6:18. I decided that I was going to attempt this as my speed workout for the week. I started with a warmup mile at 8:45/mile and jumped into the speedwork. I felt really good throughout the next 4 miles, and I had no issues with the paces. I did however start to feel some twinges in my knee, so I decided to slow down and finish the last mile and a quarter at around 7:20-7:30 pace. All in all, 6.25 miles with an overall average pace of 7:01. I felt very strong, and I know that I could have done the entire workout but I just thought it was best to play it safe with my knee. I am really looking forward to continuing with my speed work training, racking up the miles, and dropping my times.

No comments:

Post a Comment