Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hell Week

Quick Recap:

Tuesday: 5.26 miles (speedwork)
Wednesday: 4.50 miles (recovery)
Thursday: 5.01 miles (not sure what to call it)
Sunday: 10.01 miles

Total: 24.77 miles

I was hoping to get more miles in this week, but I didn't have the time on Friday to go for a run. Oh well, I suppose I could use a lighter week considering I jumped up my mileage last week, and then worked 95 hours this week.

The speedwork was really a huge confidence builder. I warmed up at 8:00 pace, and then I ran 3x1 mile at 6:07, 6:06. and 6:03 pace. After that, I had kind of a cooldown at 6:50 pace. The 5k time was ~18:50. I can't believe that I am getting this fast. I wonder how far it will go?

Today, I set out to run. The weather was pretty shitty outside. I wasn't going to let that stop me though. Unfortunately, I stepped in two puddles, and wound up with completely soaked feet. The first 2.25 miles to the Eagle greenbelt were pretty shitty. The roads were complete shit. Once I hit the trails though, everything was awesome. Snow covered trails, good temperature, and good music helped me have a fantastic run that closed out my week in a good way.

My new shoes are fantastic. I haven't had any issues with my knee, and I have not had to wear my insoles. I also decided that I am going to do the WIFMER (Wild Idaho Fifty Mile Endurance Run) in August to honor my Grandpa. It's been a hell of a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment