Wednesday, December 8, 2010

To Treadmill Or Not To Treadmill...

I don't know what I think about running on treadmills. I have been able to tolerate it a bit over the past week, but I don't know how much longer I will be able to keep that up. I think that I prefer the speedwork more, but at the same time I feel like I am cheating by doing my speedwork on the treadmill. Long runs are definitely out. Tempo runs are possible and so are recovery runs.
I don't know. Hopefully I only have to deal with the treadmill until Christmas. Then, with any luck, I will have gotten cold weather running gear or I can go pick it up myself.

Well, as far as this run, I just needed to have a nice recovery run after my speedwork yesterday. I felt fine the entire time and had no issues with my knee. My plan was to run 5 miles, but I kept adding on distance, and then decided to make it a 50 minute run which ended up just over 6 miles. The average pace was like 8:17 or something. It's really hard for me to run slow, especially when I don't have the walk breaks to slow me down. It's pretty cool how much my natural pace has sped up over the past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment