Saturday, December 4, 2010

Numero Uno

I have really been considering changing my running goals for next year.  Initially, my primary focus was going to be qualifying for Boston.  That would require me to drop my marathon time from 3:47 to 3:10.  During the 3:47, I was feeling very good until mile 23 when I got really bad leg cramps.  I am pretty sure this was due to lack of sodium, so I will be sure to carry salt pills during my longer distance races.  I am also using a run/walk strategy that helped me perform fantastically in the Zeitgeist Half Marathon.  However, even if I ran an even split in my next marathon based on my time at Zeitgeist, I would end up with a 3:20 ish time.  It could be possible to shave some additional time off, considering how hilly the Zeitgeist course was, but highly unlikely.  I am starting to feel more and more like I should quit focusing on times, and work on breaking into the longer distances.  I am highly considering doing the Wild Idaho 50 miler.  It's on the same weekend as Grandpa's birthday, near our campground at Crouch.  It just seems kind of fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment