Sunday, August 25, 2013

8/19 – 8/25

Monday: 8.01 Miles – 56:30 – Average Pace 7:04/mile
Decided to try for a new 8 mile PR and was successful.  As usual, I started with a mile at a stiff, but easy pace and focused on getting to the halfway point at around 30 minutes in and got there in 30:33.  Pretty close, especially when it felt like the effort wasn’t too hard.  I planned to hit all of the remaining miles at sub 7 minute pace, and hopefully leave enough in the tank for a sub 6 minute final mile.  The remaining splits were: 6:41, 6:43, 6:32 and 5:57.  I broke my PR by 30 odd seconds and I am happy with the result.  I only wish that I were able to run that 6:43 faster.  I like running each mile faster than the last, especially in the last half of my run.

Tuesday:  Off
Eh, felt kind of like garbage and didn’t feel like running.

Wednesday: Off
Same thing as yesterday.  Last few days have been rough at work, and I am just worn out.

Thursday: 8.31 Miles – 1:12:06 – Average Pace 8:40/mile
Just a really easy run.  Getting harder and harder for me to force a pace this slow unless I am on trail.

Friday: 4.00 Miles – 56:04 – Average Pace 14:02/mile
Went out to Big Cedar to get some miles in, and I learned really damn fast today that I had no business out on the trails.  It felt incredibly hot and I couldn’t get my shit together.  I was running a little and then walking a lot, over and over.  Live to fight another day, I guess.

Saturday:  12.55 Miles – 1:44:09 - Average Pace 8:18/mile
I haven’t been sleeping for shit lately, so it came as no surprise that I was wide awake at 3am.  I tried for the next hour to sleep, and got tired of tossing and turning so I got up and headed out with no real distance in mind.  I ended up putting in 12.55 at what felt like a very pace.  I actually spaced out a bit for the last 2 ish miles and even now I don’t really remember from that point until I got home. 

Sunday: 8.04 Miles –1:01:09– Average Pace 7:36/Mile
Got out for a few birthday miles after spending the day at Six Flags.  If I wanted to be fitting, I could have done 8.25 miles, or better yet, 32 miles, but that wasn’t happening tonight.  Not much to say.

Total Miles: 40.91
Total Time: 5:49:58

Initially I had planned on getting a 50 mile run in on Friday, but I thought better of it.  I don’t know if it would benefit me or be more of a risk.  I know I can cover the distance.  My only concern at this point is that I am not getting enough time on my feet weekly.  Because my training pace has dropped quite a bit overall, I just finish each week with a shorter amount of training time.  Regardless, it seems that the training is really paying off.  The monthly volume alone is much more than I have put in for any of my races, ever.  Training is about complete.  Time to have a couple of easy weeks and just maintain what I have built over the last 4 months and not get stupid and injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment