Sunday, August 18, 2013

8/12 - 8/18

Monday: Off
Had to work late.  No time to run tonight.

Tuesday:  Off
Once again, had to work late, no time to run.  Bummer.

Wednesday: 5 Miles – 54:46 – Average Pace 10:55/mile
Hit the treadmill after work.  Still didn’t have enough time to get a full run in, but I gave it a whirl.  1 mile warm up, 2 miles at 5% incline, 2 miles at 15% incline.  Sweat my ass off, but felt pretty strong otherwise.

Thursday: Off
Travel back to Fort Worth.   

Friday: 4.17 Miles – 33:42 – Average Pace 8:05/mile
Set out with the plan to run 8 miles tonight and was feeling really good until 2 miles in.  I went to make the turn onto Grandbury road and tripped.  As I stumbled to catch myself and stay up, I felt a very sharp pain in my left foot right below my pinky toe.  I hobbled across the road and sat down to get my wits about me.  I took my shoe off to assess the damage and didn’t really find anything too alarming.  I decided to play it safe and headed back to the house early.  Almost to the house, I felt like my foot was fine, but I still played it safe.

Saturday:  7.29 Miles – 1:15:12 - Average Pace 10:19/mile
Spent some time out at Big Cedar to catch up on some trail time.  I was pretty concerned about my foot from the previous night, so I chose to wear the NB 1210’s to protect my foot.  I actually felt really good for the whole run.  I deliberately took it at a slow pace.  I tried to run each of the climbs, but still maintain my run/walk ratio.  Ended up being just over a thousand feet of gain through the run.  I had to cut short once again in order to help with some work stuff, but I really felt good about this run.  I got to run Texas Sunset/Ranger/SxSW/Ranger/S.O.S. which I think is a pretty good trail linkup. 

Sunday: 11 Miles –1:26:14– Average Pace 7:50/Mile
Aside from a little stiffness and burning in my Achilles/calves for the first two miles.  I stopped to stretch for a few minutes, and afterwards really felt solid for the rest of the run, running every step.  I don’t feel like I pushed the effort too hard at all and I think it was a nice end to an otherwise shitty week of training.

Total Miles: 27.46
Total Time: 4:09:54


Work really interfered with training this week, but I suppose it doesn’t necessarily hurt to have a light week right now.  I am a little disappointed that I will not meet my initial mileage goal for the month.  Hopefully I can still close out the month with some solid training.  

No comments:

Post a Comment