Sunday, July 28, 2013

July 22 - 28

Monday: 8.03 Miles – 1:02:02 – Average Pace 7:44.mile
Got up early to get my miles in before work since we are going to the game tonight.  My legs felt incredibly sluggish for the first 3.5 miles.  Despite running at 5am, it still felt really hot this morning.  Normally I can manage with a shirt on, but I literally felt like I was suffocating with the humidity and heat.  The last part of my run felt a lot better. 

Tuesday: 6.01 Miles – 45:47 – Average Pace 7:37/mile
I don’t know if I ran fast tonight because I wanted to just be finished with my run or what, but I felt like garbage.  Way worse than my run yesterday.  My legs felt heavy the entire time, and had some nagging feelings around my ankles.  Regardless, I still managed to finish nice and strong with a 7:04 mile which didn’t feel like I was pushing any effort at all. 

Wednesday: 8.03 Miles – 1:05:04 – Average Pace 8:03/mile
Once again, got up early and ran the same route as Monday.  My schedule actually called for 10 miles today, but I just ran out of time before having to get ready to head to Oklahoma City for training.  The first few miles felt kinda blah, but I finished strong with a 6:47 mile which like last night, felt like I wasn’t pushing too hard.  I considered running on the treadmill and getting some vert gain tonight, but after training and dinner, I just don’t feel it.  I can easily get in extra miles over the next few days.

Thursday: Off

Friday AM: 8 Miles – 1:06:11 – Average Pace 8:16/mile
I really didn’t have any interest in going for a run this morning, but I forced myself out the door anyway.  There was a light rain when I started and I actually felt pretty good until about 3 miles in.  The sun started to come out and it suddenly felt really hot.  I haven’t really eaten right for the last few days after traveling for work and I think I really started to feel the effects at this point in the run.  Once I hit the 4 mile turnaround, I sat and tried to regroup for a few minutes.  Once I started to feel better, I set out again.  I made it about 1.5 miles before I had to stop and sit again for another few minutes.  I ran for another half mile and sat to cool off.  After that, I was able to push for the last 2 miles and finish strong.  My mileage goal for today is 16 miles, so I am going to have to run again tonight to meet that.  I’m hoping that my last two runs for this week turn out better than everything else so far.

Friday PM: 8.01 Miles 58:13 – Average Pace 7:16/mile
Very solid run tonight.  Ran what felt comfortable and this is what it was.  As usual, I pushed the pace a bit harder the last 2 miles and ended with a 7:00 and a 6:37.  All miles were sub 8.  Looking back at my training two weeks ago, that double day had 8 milers in 1:11:09 and 1:06:54.  I like that today my first 8 was done in 1:06 and the second was in 58:13.  I’m getting stronger. 

Saturday: 10.01 Miles – 1:22:48- Average Pace 8:17/mile
Set out this morning with the mindset that this was going to be a nice run to end my week of training.  Spent a bit of time before starting watching the live results feed on the Speedgoat 50k to get some motivation and got out on the road.  I really am missing the trails.  The intermittent rain in the area has kept me off of them, but I will be changing that next week when I go to Colorado Bend to volunteer.  My thought today was to run a new route.  I wanted to find a 5 mile section of road to run on that is reasonably safe from traffic. I found a pretty good road and was nearly 4 miles in when I approached a house that looked a little sketchy.  I looked straight ahead to see a very large Rottweiler standing in front of me.  We had a staredown for about 20 seconds.  He charged, and I retreated.  I really didn’t have to run hard to get away, he was too big to be too quick and seemed to give up after only a few yards.  I may have also overestimated his “charge”.  Regardless, I got back to the house at a little less than 8 miles.  I refilled my bottle and then headed out for the last of my run.


Total Miles - 48.09
Total Time - 6:20:05

The week started off rough, but seemed to end a lot better.  I think the beginning of the week had me feeling beat down a bit from the 30 mile effort from last Friday.  I'm expecting to spend quite a bit of time on the trails this week.  The last two weeks of all road running has helped a bit with my turnover which is good, but not good enough.  I will get the opportunity to run at Gateway a couple of times, and finish off when I volunteer at Colorado Bend this weekend.  My body feels decent as I write this report.  No real aches and pains which is good.  I kind of took some of the easy way out while running this week, avoiding the majority of the heat.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment